So for a treat I thought they would like these and as normal there was the usual excitement of receiving a treat - and then i set it before them outside.
They both looked up at me with utter disappointment, the kind of disappointment that said: we thought you were giving us human food.
In school we were taught the difference between poison water holes in the desert was insects. If the water is good, there will be insects about it, if its bad, there will be no insects.
So I left the mashed potatoes sit there for 3 days. Not a bird, not an insect, not a curious ant, not a dog, or a cat went anywhere near the 'mashed potatoes'. And there was no mold growing on it either.
I have no idea if they used a different recipe in Australia and it was a number of years ago, but whatever was in there, it was not real food.